● 1 ¼ C warm milk (110 degrees)
● 8 T butter (1 stick) plus extra for brushing
● 1 large egg
● 4- 4 ½ C flour
● 2 T sugar
● 2 ¼ t yeast
● 1 ½ t salt
● Vegetable oil spray
1. Whisk milk, melted butter, and egg.
2. In a seperate bowl mix together 4 cups
of flour, sugar, yeast and salt.
3. In a separate bowl mix together 4 cups
low speed, add in milk mixture to flour
4. Mix until it comes together, about 2
5. Knead in mixer 8 min . If after 4 minutes
flour is needed, add remaining ½ C of
flour, 2 T at a time.
6. Turn dough out onto counter. Knead by
hand to form a smooth, round ball.
7. Place dough in large oiled bowl. Cover
with plastic wrap and let rise in a warm
place until doubled in size. 1- 1 ½ hrs.
8. Line 2 large baking sheets with
parchment paper. Turn dough out onto
counter and divide into 2 peices. Using
your hands roll each peice into a 12 inch
12-inch log and divide it into 2 pieces.
Using your hands, roll each piece into a
12 inch log
9. Cut each log into 12 equal size peices.
Round each piece into balls. Smooth and
loosely with plastic and let rise 45min-.
Brush with butter, and fold into itself.
Pressing edges to seal.
11. Mist rolls with vegetable oil, cover
loosly with plastic and let rise 45min-
12. Set oven to 350*
13. Brush rolls with melted butter.
14. Mist oven with water and close door, or
use a water bath on bottom rack for a
home “steam oven”
15. Bake until golden brown- 20-25min
To make ahead: at step 7 do not proof, put in
fridge 16hrs- overnight. Let dough come to
room temp for 30min and continue.